
Escape to Nantou's Most Stunning B&B: W.S.H. Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into a review of W.S.H. Awaits! in Nantou. Forget pristine brochures and glossy websites – this is the REAL deal, warts and all, and mostly glorious. Honestly, I just got back, and I'm still slightly… squishy… from the experience. Let's see if I can even string a coherent sentence together after the sheer bliss of it all.
First Impressions (and a little rambling… because, hello, Nantou!)
Right, Nantou. Think lush green mountains that just breathe peace. Think tea plantations clinging to the slopes like emerald velvet. Think… well, think you're already in a better mood. And W.S.H. Awaits? Well, the name sets the tone. "Awaits." Like a promise. And, spoiler alert, it delivers.
Accessibility & That Oh-So-Important Practical Stuff:
Okay, I have to be honest. I didn't specifically check for every single accessibility detail. BUT! From what I saw, they seem to have facilities for disabled guests. The elevator in the building is there, and since it's a new development they seemed to be thinking it has built in facilities for accessibility. They should publish explicit details.
Rooms: Your Private Sanctuary (or at least, my private sanctuary…)
My room? Heaven. Absolute, unadulterated heaven. Let me just list some things, because details matter.
- Air conditioning: Crucial. Taiwan is hot. End of story.
- Blackout curtains: Essential. Slept like a log (after several attempts, more on that later).
- Free Wi-Fi: Duh. More on that later! It was awesome.
- Coffee/tea maker: Yes. And a decent selection of teas!
- Desk: For pretending to work (or, in my case, writing furiously in a journal while avoiding emails).
- Extra long bed: Hallelujah! I am a tall human, finally!
- In-room safe box: Peace of mind.
- Mini bar: A tad overpriced, but hey, convenience.
- Private bathroom: Of course! Separated shower/bathtub.
- Seating area: Perfect for sipping tea and staring out the window.
- Slippers, Bathrobes, Toiletries, Slippers, and more: The little touches that make a big difference!
Internet: The Saga of the Wi-Fi (Because Even Paradise Has a Few Glitches)
Okay, let's be real. Wi-Fi. It's a modern necessity. And W.S.H. Awaits offers Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! AND even Internet [LAN] if you are one of the old school. The thing is, it's not always perfect. There were moments, especially in the evenings when everyone was trying to stream their favorite drama, when the connection felt a little… fragile. BUT! The staff were super responsive about it. I mean, maybe it's a Nantou thing?
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Tummy's Happy Place (Mostly)
Okay, the food. This is where things get really interesting. Restaurant, bar, and snack bar. Yes to all!
- Breakfast [buffet], Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Buffet in restaurant… They had it ALL! The buffet was a glorious explosion of color and flavor. The quality was incredibly high. I did not miss the lunch (though I can't tell if they offer breakfast for takeaway…)
- Restaurants, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: Variety is the spice of life, and W.S.H. Awaits gets it.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Yup. Essential for me in the mornings.
- Poolside bar: Ahhh. Cocktails with a view. Need I say more? And the Happy hour was a godsend after a long day of… well, relaxing.
- Bottle of water. A simple thing, but appreciated.
Things To Do (Or Pretend to Do, If That's Your Vibe)
This is where W.S.H. Awaits truly shines. It's not just a place to stay; it's a place to live.
- Swimming pool (outdoor): A pool with a view! This is a real game-changer. I may have spent a significant amount of time floating, staring at the mountains, and thinking… absolutely nothing. Pure bliss.
- Pool with view: As I said before, the view is amazing.
- Gym/fitness: They have a little fitness room with all the stuff you need.
- Spa/sauna: Yes, YES! They have a Sauna, Spa, Steamroom. I indulged myself. I felt like a melted, happy puddle by the time I was done.
- Massage: Because, duh. Treat yourself. Absolutely treat yourself.
- Foot bath: This was a new one for me, and I loved it. The ultimate relaxation.
- Body scrub, Body wrap: I did not try this, but the place have them.
Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind (Because, Let's Be Honest, We All Want It) I mean, I'm not gonna lie, I've been a bit wary of things since the pandemic, and safety and cleanliness matter a LOT. W.S.H. Awaits nailed this.
- Anti-viral cleaning products Yup!
- Breakfast in room You can book it
- Breakfast takeaway service Not sure. But it's worth asking.
- Cashless payment service Convenient.
- Daily disinfection in common areas Yep.
- Doctor/nurse on call Excellent.
- First aid kit Always a good sign.
- Hand sanitizer Everywhere.
- Hot water linen and laundry washing Important.
- Hygiene certification I'm not in Taiwan, so not sure. Though they were very mindful of cleanliness.
- Individually-wrapped food options Good.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter Mostly observed.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services Good.
- Rooms sanitized between stays Good.
- Safe dining setup Yes.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items Yes.
- Shared stationery removed Good.
- Staff trained in safety protocol Yes.
- Sterilizing equipment Yes.
Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier (and More Luxurious)
- Concierge: They were super helpful with recommendations and bookings.
- Daily housekeeping: My room was spotless every day.
- Doorman: Always a nice touch.
- Elevator: Essential!
- Laundry service, Ironing service, Dry cleaning: Because, let's face it, nobody wants to do laundry on vacation.
- Luggage storage: Handy for those pre- or post-check-in adventures.
- Food delivery: Because sometimes, you just want to stay in your robe and order amazingness.
For the Kids (Because Family Vacays Need Love Too)
- Babysitting service: Fantastic.
- Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal They have lots of stuff for kids!
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer: They can arrange it for you.
- Car park [free of charge], Valet parking, Car park [on-site], Taxi service: They have the parking, so great!
- Bicycle parking: Yes.
In Conclusion (And My Heartfelt Plea)
W.S.H. Awaits is an escape. It's a place to unplug, unwind, and rediscover your inner peace (or just your inner foodie, like me). It's not perfect – nothing ever is – but it's damn close. The minor criticisms are just that…minor. The sheer beauty of the surroundings, the quality of the facilities, the genuinely friendly and helpful staff… it all adds up to something truly special.
My Unofficial Recommendation: Absolutely book it. Don't even hesitate. Just go. You deserve it. And when you're there, tell them I sent you (they probably won't care, but it's worth a shot!).
Marketing Copy - Let's Get You Booking, Buttercups!
Escape to Paradise: W.S.H. Awaits in Nantou!
Tired of the grind? Craving a getaway that truly rejuvenates? Then pack your bags and prepare to be amazed at W.S.H. Awaits, the most stunning B&B in Nantou! Nestled amidst breathtaking mountain scenery and lush tea plantations, this isn't just a place to stay; it's an experience.
Here’s Why You NEED to Book NOW:
- Unwind in Unparalleled Comfort: Luxurious rooms with blackout curtains, extra-long beds, and private balconies (views swoon).

Alright, alright, buckle up Buttercups! We're not just planning a trip to W.S.H. B & B in Nantou, Taiwan. We're crafting a saga. Forget your perfect itineraries, your color-coded spreadsheets, this is gonna be a glorious, messy, and hopefully hilarious adventure. Prepare for the rollercoaster, folks!
The "Accidental Mountain Retreat: Nantou & The Existential Dread of a Mildly Cluttered Life" Itinerary (aka "Don't Judge My Backpack, You Don't Know My Life")
(Remember: This is a suggestion. We reserve the right to abandon ALL plans and become one with a pineapple bun at any given moment.)
Day 1: Arrival – "Where is my luggage? And is that a sentient pigeon?"
- Morning (Taipei -> Nantou): Alright, the flight. Let's be honest, it was a blur of airplane peanuts and trying not to hyperventilate during turbulence. Landed in Taipei. Found my luggage (miracle!). Found the bus to Nantou (another miracle!). Now, for the real test: understanding the bus route. I, for one, am notorious for a complete lack of spatial reasoning. I'm pretty sure I looked like a lost puppy staring at the bus driver, desperately hoping he'd miraculously speak English and point me in the right direction. He just stared back, unimpressed. Success! This is already a disaster and I LOVE IT.
- Lunch (Somewhere Shaky on the Bus): Packed my own lunch of a hard-boiled egg from the airport (I call this “survival food”), a packet of crackers that crumbled everywhere (because, life) and a bottle of water. This is how I travel.
- Afternoon (Arrival & Check-in): Finally arrived at W.S.H. B & B. The photos online made it look like a paradise. Real life…slightly less polished but charming, in a “grandma's house with a touch of organized chaos” kinda way. The owner was lovely, though, bless her heart, for the effort of the English. The room? Basic, but clean, and the view…holy moly! Mountains. And a whole lot of them. I think I actually gasped. That’s what a good view does. I’m already in love.
- Evening (Settling In & Immediate Existential Crisis): Unpacked. Or, attempted to. My backpack exploded, spewing clothes, snacks, and enough charging cables to power a small city. The whole process gave me the same vibe as a mild panic attack. It’s fine. Everything’s fine. Ordered dinner from a local place – a massive bowl of noodles, that made me feel like I had just finished a marathon. Devoured it. Sat on the balcony, and stared at the mountains. This overwhelming sense of peace. Then, the intrusive thought: “Am I actually happy? Or just desperately avoiding washing my socks?” The age-old questions.
Day 2: Sun Moon Lake – "Boats, Ducks, and the Eternal Mystery of Ice Cream"
- Morning (Sun Moon Lake Exploration): Sun Moon Lake! It was the whole reason I even considered this trip. Took a taxi (negotiated the price down – score!). The lake shimmered under the sun. Took a boat tour (slightly seasick, but still mesmerized by the scenery - I'd been warned about the crowds, but really, it was manageable. Just try not to get run over by a selfie stick. I definitely almost did.). Visited a temple (beautiful, serene, and I have no idea what any symbol meant. But it felt good).
- Mid-Morning (Duck Hunting): Okay, not literally duck hunting. But, there were these adorable, yellow ducklings that were EVERYWHERE. I spent a good half hour chasing them around trying to take pictures and probably looking like a total goofball. It was impossible not to smile.
- Lunch(The Ice Cream Disaster): Found the most perfect ice cream shop selling a variety of flavours. I decided on a taro flavour, but before I could get a photo, a rogue gust of wind whipped my cone right out of my hand (I'm telling you: life's a struggle). Stood there, defeated, for far too long. Bought another cone. Ate it fast. Didn’t regret it.
- Afternoon (Cycling & Melodramatic Feelings): Rented a bike. The path around the lake was stunning. Felt like a movie. Started feeling slightly sorry for myself and everything that was wrong with my boring life. Forced myself to stop thinking the melodrama crap. It was a nice bike ride though.
- Evening (Dinner & The Mysterious Sounds of the Mountain): Back at the B&B. Ordered some local delicacies (more noodles, shocker). The night was amazing. The mountains… they were beautiful. So many stars, and the silence was magical. Then I started hearing weird noises. Rustling. Cracking. What was that? Probably a rat. Or a ghost. Or a tree. Ignored it because I’m terrified of the dark. Went to bed with the image of the mountains and the strange sounds.
Day 3: Tea Plantations, Bamboo and the End of the World (Or, The Bus Back to Taipei)
- Morning (Tea Time!): Did a tea tour. The tea plantations were incredible. The tour guy explained the intricacies of tea-making, and how a lot of things make the tea taste different, and I drank so much tea, and then I was buzzed. I might have bought a tea set I don't need. The tea was good. Seriously, SO GOOD.
- Mid-morning (Going Bamboo-y): Explored a bamboo forest. The bamboo was so tall and green, I felt like I was in a kung-fu movie. It smelled divine. Wandered around like I was a character in a movie. The pictures were great. I may have fallen over at one point.
- Lunch (The Search for the Perfect Taiwanese Pancake): The quest for the perfect Taiwanese pancake began today. I have a weakness for them, but they are never the same, despite how many I buy. They are just an addiction.
- Afternoon (Goodbye Nantou): Packed again. Tears were shed, not gonna lie. I didn't want to leave. The mountains had gotten to me. Boarded the bus back to Taipei.
- Evening (Taipei Arrival & Reality Hits): Taipei: the bright lights, the noise, and the crushing realization that tomorrow, I have to face my laundry.
Final Thoughts:
This trip was messy, chaotic, and probably not what I expected. But it was amazing. I learned to breathe, to appreciate the beauty around me, and that sometimes, the best things in life are the slightly imperfect ones. Will I go back? Absolutely. But next time, I'm bringing a bigger backpack… and maybe a therapist.
(P.S. My socks did get washed. Eventually. But they're still not perfectly organized.)
Uncover the Secrets of Abendschein's Hof: Creglingen's Hidden Gem!
W.S.H. B&B: You're Thinking of Going? PLEASE Read This Trainwreck of a FAQ.
Okay, First Thing's First: Is it *Really* as Gorgeous as the Photos? I'm a Cynic, Just So You Know.
Oh, honey, the photos? They're... well, they're a filter's best friend. Look, the view from the balcony *is* breathtaking, no doubt about it. Think rolling green hills, mists clinging to the mountain peaks... it's Nantou doing its whole "postcard-perfect" thing. BUT. And this is a BIG but. Remember that influencer picture where the infinity pool looked crystal clear and inviting? Yeah. I saw them hosing it down that morning. Turns out, the local critters – and the occasional rogue leaf – like to party in there overnight. So, yes, gorgeous. Expect some… *natural elements*. I, for one, almost slipped on a rogue frog. True story.
The Website Says "Luxury." Is it Actually Luxurious, or "Luxury" Like IKEA Couches Luxurious?
Define "luxury". The sheets? Decent. The toiletries? Probably better than what you swipe from the gym, but don't expect Molton Brown. The bathroom... was where the whole "luxury" thing started to unravel for me. Let's just say the water pressure was… *minimalist*. I swear, I felt like a plant trying to get watered. And the shower door? Fuggedabout-it sealing properly. One morning I nearly flooded the entire master suite after trying to rinse the shampoo out. Not exactly the opulent spa experience I'd envisioned. But hey, maybe 'luxury' is enjoying a slightly damp bathroom – and the mental gymnastics of deciding how to mop everything up. (Spoiler alert: the provided mop was… charmingly rustic.)
Food, Glorious Food! What's the Deal with the Breakfast? Is it Worth Dragging Myself Out of Bed For?
Okay, brace yourself. The breakfast… is a *thing*. It’s kind of a… theatrical production. Imagine a collection of local delicacies, all artfully arranged. The first day? I was SOLD. Fresh fruit, homemade jams, fluffy eggs... It felt like a culinary masterpiece! The second day? The same. And the third? Well. Let's just say my enthusiasm waned. The presentation was still impeccable, but I started noticing… *patterns*. Those “homemade” jams? They tasted remarkably similar to the ones you can buy at the local 7-Eleven. And that "artisan bread"? I'm pretty sure I could've baked it myself at that point. It's not BAD, mind you. Just… repetitive. By day four, I was eyeing the instant ramen in the minibar.
**Rambling Thought:** I think they were actually trying to be really awesome and thoughtful. I think the owner, a very enthusiastic older gentleman, was totally obsessed with presentation, probably even took a presentation class! The fact that the first course of the breakfast arrives on some sort of handcrafted wooden board is probably the best indication of an obsession with craft. Just… more variety, PLEASE! I'd sell my soul for a decent stack of pancakes.
Speaking of the Owner, What's the Vibe? Super Friendly and Helpful, or “Don’t Bother Me Unless You’re Buying My Hand-Carved Teacups” Vibe?
Oh, the owner. Let's call him Mr. Chen. He is… an experience. He comes off as though he's been personally tasked with upholding Nan-tou's position as a vacation destination. He's *super* friendly… in a slightly overbearing, possibly sleep-deprived way. He has *opinions* on everything. Where to go, what to eat, what your *spiritual journey* should entail while there. He kept trying to usher me up to the local temple, despite the fact I’m about as spiritually inclined as a doorknob. He’s also a bit of a chatterbox. If you're introverted, bring earplugs, or a plan. Or learn some simple escape tactics – there's a whole strategy guide in the parking lot after 1 pm when everyone's asleep. Consider that a hint. He wants you to have the BEST time. And god bless him, he tries.
The Pool! Tell Me About the Pool! (Again, Honesty is Key.)
Okay. The pool. Let’s break it down, shall we?
The Good: The view from the pool is undeniably stunning. Like, *jaw-dropping-Instagram-worthy* stunning. The infinity edge really does work. When the sun’s shining and you're floating there… bliss.
The Bad: See, the pool is at the top of a mountain. Everything has to be trucked or carried up there. It's an open pool. It's an open mountaintop. So, critters. Bugs, leaves, the occasional tiny field mouse. I found one that was… *well past its prime*. Let’s just say I spent a good hour trying to strategically avoid its former resting place. And the water temperature? Depending on when it opened, you might find yourself shivering. The pool is not heated.
The Ugly: I think Mr. Chen really *loves* the pool. You will find yourself being constantly reminded to utilize the pool. At what time? At what time he wanted us to get in it! If I had one more poolside lecture on “the importance of embracing nature” I was going to… I was going to start an entire new religion around the concept of indoor plumbing.
Is it Worth the Price? (Because Let's Face It, It's Not Exactly Backpacking Rates.)
That's the million-dollar question, isn't it? Here's the deal: It's not cheap. But the view… the feeling of being truly "away from it all"… when you overlook the slightly damp bathrooms and the breakfast monotony and the persistent pool reminders… yes. I think it *is* worth it.
But.
If you're the type who needs pristine perfection and zero surprises, maybe save your money and stick to a chain hotel. If you’re easily frustrated, this might not be for you. But if you can embrace the quirks, the imperfections, and the slightly bonkers charm? Then, yeah. Go. Take LOTS of photos. And tell Mr. Chen I said hello… and maybe to lay off the eggs for just one day.
Any Secret Tips or Things I Should Know Before I Go?
Yes! A few nuggets of wisdom from the trenches…
* Pack bug spray. Seriously. The mosquitos are relentless.
* Bring snacks. Because sometimes, you just need a bag of chips and a momentJet Set Hotels

