Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Chaiya Palace Hotel, Phnom Penh

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Chaiya Palace Hotel, Phnom Penh

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Chaiya Palace Hotel, Phnom Penh - A Review That's Probably Too Honest (But Hopefully Helpful!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving DEEP into the Chaiya Palace Hotel in Phnom Penh. Forget your sanitized, corporate brochures – this is your REAL review, warts and all. Consider this a long, rambling chat with a friend who just got back from a seriously luxurious (and slightly chaotic) holiday. So, let's get down to the nitty-gritty, shall we?

First Impressions: Accessibility, Ambiance, and a Few Stumbles

Okay, first things first: Accessibility. Chaiya Palace seems to be trying. They boast Facilities for disabled guests and an Elevator, which is a huge win, especially in Phnom Penh. However, and this is a BIG HOWEVER, I didn't personally experience it. If you're reliant on a wheelchair, absolutely contact them directly and get the lowdown on specific room access, ramp availability, and the like. Don't just take my word for it! (I, for one, could navigate it just fine, but I was also able to use the stairs when needed.)

The Exterior corridor situation? Well, it's a thing. Some people love it, some find it less private. I'm in the "meh" camp. It's not exactly a hidden oasis, but it's functional. The Hotel chain status… well, it likely has some standards, which is usually a good thing. That said, it felt very… individual, which I secretly loved.

Check-in/out was… smooth-ish. They offer Contactless check-in/out, which is fantastic. And Check-in/out [private] is available too. I think I ended up with a hybrid of the two – friendly but a little slow (which is fine, I was on vacation!). They also have a Concierge, which is always a godsend when you're figuring out the chaotic beauty of Phnom Penh.

Rooms: Where Comfort Meets… Randomness

Let's talk rooms. I went for the full shebang, and the Air conditioning was a LIFE SAVER. Phnom Penh is HOT. Air conditioning in public area is also a bonus! The non-smoking rooms, Soundproof rooms, and the Blackout curtains are a must. Seriously. I loved having Complimentary tea and Free bottled water – small things, but they make a difference. My room had an Extra long bed which was bliss during the night.

The Bathtub was glorious. Though the linens felt… a little well-loved. They were clean, but I wasn't sure when the last time the carpeting was, if I'm being honest. There were Bathrobes and Slippers (yay!), but, and this is a minor gripe, my slippers disappeared after the first day. Mystery. Daily housekeeping did a great job, though.

Internet access – wireless, and (gulp) Internet access – LAN were both available. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms too! Praise the internet gods! I also loved the seating area, making it a great space to chill with a coffee. It's important to consider that not all rooms will have stunning room decorations, or at least mine didn't.

Dining: A Culinary Adventure With (Mostly) Happy Endings

Food is where things get really interesting. The Chaiya Palace’s Restaurants boast a dazzling array of options. Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant are both available. They offer Breakfast [buffet] every morning (and a Breakfast takeaway service if you're in a hurry). Breakfast in room is another option if you want to be a lazy slob like me. And it's a solid spread, with Coffee/tea in restaurant, Asian breakfast, and Western breakfast options.

The A la carte in restaurant menus looked divine. I devoured a Salad in restaurant and it was great. The Desserts in restaurant made me feel like a big kid. Also, I loved the Happy hour.

The Spa: A Deep Dive into Bliss (and Maybe a Tiny Bit of Overkill?)

Full disclosure: I'm a spa snob. I judge harshly. But… the Chaiya Palace Spa almost won me over. It's a full-on sensory overload in the best possible way. They've got the works: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna, Steamroom, and a Spa. I opted for the massage and… wow. Just wow. It was a deep tissue, expertly done, and I floated out of there feeling like a new person. I wanted to try the Pool with view but ran out of time. Definitely a highlight, and a fantastic way to relax.

Things to Do (Besides Spa-ing Yourself Silly)

Okay, so beyond the spa, what's the story? Well, you're in Phnom Penh! The Swimming pool is gorgeous, by the way. Swimming pool [outdoor] is a real bonus!

Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic Perspectives

Right, let's get real for a sec. Hand sanitizer everywhere. They have Daily disinfection in common areas, Professional-grade sanitizing services, and Rooms sanitized between stays. I saw Anti-viral cleaning products being used. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. You can Room sanitization opt-out available too. They were taking it seriously, which is hugely reassuring. They had a Doctor/nurse on call… you get the idea. They’re trying. Staff trained in safety protocol. And Physical distancing of at least 1 meter was generally observed.

For the Kids (and the Kid in You)

Family/child friendly is a definite yes. Babysitting service is available. Getting Around: Smooth Sailing (Mostly)

Airport transfer is offered (and recommended – Phnom Penh traffic is a beast). Taxi service is also readily available. They have Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], plus Valet parking.

The Quirky Bits ("The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Odd")

  • The Shrink: This is the best part. The mini bar had a very very good selection.

  • The Coffee Shop: Okay, the coffee was decent, but the service felt very laid-back. Don't be in a rush!

  • The Staff: Overall, the staff were lovely. Some were extremely polished, others a little less so. The Doorman was consistently brilliant though.

  • The Noise: While soundproofed, this is still a city hotel. You'll hear the buzz of Phnom Penh!

Final Verdict and a Steamy Offer!

So, would I recommend the Chaiya Palace Hotel? Absolutely, with a few caveats! It’s a luxurious, well-located hotel, offering all kinds of amenities. However, make sure to check the accessibility details if it applies to you.

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Special Offer!

Feeling tempted? Here's a deal (designed for your pleasure):

Book a minimum 3-night stay at the Chaiya Palace Hotel and receive:

  • A complimentary 60-minute massage for two at the award-winning spa. (Yes, that massage!)
  • Daily breakfast buffet included. (Fuel up for all that exploring!)
  • Complimentary room upgrade (based on availability). (Hello, even more luxury!)
  • A welcome bottle of wine and a fruit platter in your room. (Spoil yourself! )

How to claim your offer: Click the link below and use the code "PHNOMPENHBLISS" when you book. But hurry - this offer's only valid for bookings made in the next 30 days!

So go on. Book that flight. Book that room. And prepare yourself for an Unbelievable experience. You deserve it!

Luxury Redefined: Unforgettable Experiences at the Park Hyatt Changsha

Book Now

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia

Phnom Penh Pilgrimage: A Messy, Monumental Adventure (Chaiya Palace Edition)

Okay, buckle up Buttercups, because this ain't your sanitized, perfectly-timed travelogue. This is real life, Phnom Penh style. And it's happening at the Chaiya Palace Hotel. (Fingers crossed it lives up to the Instagram hype.)

Day 1: Arrival & Total Chaos (aka, Welcome to Cambodia!)

  • 8:00 AM (ish): Arrived at Phnom Penh International Airport. Jet lag? Check. Sweaty underarms? Double check. Oh, and the tuk-tuk driver who tried to charge me triple the going rate? "Welcome to Cambodia!" he practically cackled. Negotiating felt like a sweaty, frantic dance. I finally settled on a price that felt slightly criminal, but hey, I did get here.
  • 9:00 AM: Wheeled my luggage (which I swear weighs more than I do) towards Chaiya Palace. The tuk-tuk ride? A sensory overload. Smells, colors, horns honking like some caffeinated orchestra… Honestly, it's beautiful chaos.
  • 9:30 AM: Chaiya Palace! First impressions? Actually, not bad. (The A/C? Glorious.) The lobby is all plush velvet and golden accents. I'm definitely overdressed in my travel chic ensemble; a true newbie mistake. The receptionist is sweet, but my room… is a slightly different shade of gold than the photos online. Ah, well, first-world problems.
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Unpack, shower, and embrace the fact that my hair will never be fully recovered from the humidity. Tried to nap - failed. (Too excited, damn it!)
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant. Ordered the Amok (fish). It's… creamy. And fragrant. And I’m pretty sure I just ate half of a coconut. I think I like it. Jury's still out.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Royal Palace & The Silver Pagoda: Beauty & Bitterness. Okay, this was something else. I waddled around the palace in my rented skirt (mandatory!), awestruck by the opulence. Glittering shrines, impossibly intricate architecture… it's a visual feast. The Silver Pagoda? Holy moly. The detail! So much gold! Then the realization hit me. This beauty was built on a history I don't fully comprehend and the weight of that history is still felt. Suddenly, the beauty hurt a little. I caught a glimpse of genuine heartbreak in a local woman's eyes as she prayed. That… that stayed with me.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back to the hotel to wallow reflect on the heat, the history, and the sheer overwhelmingness of it all. A quick dip in the pool (glorious, though a little crowded with Instagrammers taking selfies).
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a street food stall that looked promising. (And by promising, I mean “not giving me the creeps.”) I’m pretty sure I ate something that contained all four food groups, plus a rogue ingredient I couldn’t identify. Still, alive and kicking!
  • 7:00 PM - Bedtime: Back in the Chaiya Palace. So. Tired. Writing this in bed, because, let’s be honest, I'm not going anywhere else tonight. Praying for a good night's sleep, and that tomorrow doesn't involve food poisoning.

Day 2: Genocide & Healing (And Maybe Some Massages)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Standard hotel fare. (But, in fairness, it's edible.) Contemplating the day ahead. Today is going to be heavy.
  • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum & The Killing Fields (Choeung Ek): Shattered Souls & Silent Testimony. This is the part of the trip I REALLY wasn't looking forward to. But I knew I had to do it. The Tuol Sleng Museum… it took my breath away. Each cell, each photograph, each heartbreaking story… It felt like the walls were screaming. Then, The Killing Fields. I walked among the mass graves, listening to the audio guide, fighting back tears. The sheer scale of the atrocities is almost impossible to comprehend. The silence is deafening. I stood there, feeling utterly, utterly humbled. I can't pretend to understand, but I can remember. And I will remember. I'll never forget the simple kindness and dignity of the Cambodian people, even when they have been through so much.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Spent an hour wandering aimlessly, trying to process. The sheer weight. I needed air, water, space, and a moment away from my own thoughts.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel. A much-needed shower. And a solid hour spent staring at the ceiling. The feeling of sadness has now shifted to a weird sense of determination. I am now more aware, more awake.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Massage time! Chaiya Palace has a spa, so… yes, please. I opted for a traditional Khmer massage. The therapist… well, let's just say she was thorough. My muscles were thanking her, even though the experience might have been a little too intense.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner at a rooftop restaurant with a view of the Mekong River. The food? Meh. But the view? Spectacular. Watched the sunset, feeling a little lighter, a little more hopeful, a little sad.
  • 8:00 PM - Bedtime: Back at the hotel. Bed. Sleep. Praying for sweet, dreamless, restorative sleep.

Day 3: Markets, Monkeys & Maybe Regret (Possibly)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Determined to try something different. Omelette. Passable.
  • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Central Market & Russian Market: Shopping & Shenanigans. Okay, time to embrace the chaos again! The Central Market is a sensory overload of fabrics, jewelry, and enough counterfeit designer goods to make your head spin. Bargaining is not my strong suit, but I managed to snag a silk scarf for a price that didn't make me want to cry. The Russian market was a bit more… gritty. (And I may have bought two knock-off designer handbags that I will absolutely regret in a week!)
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Lunch at a cute little cafe. A moment of pure, unadulterated bliss.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: A day trip? Well, it's supposed to be a day trip. Decided to take a day trip out to a nearby temple. The bus was late. The heat was oppressive. And the monkeys? They were clearly plotting my demise. (Seriously, they were aggressive little buggers.) The temple itself was beautiful, but I was too busy dodging monkey attacks to fully appreciate it. It was pretty, and probably worth it, but… the monkey stare. Never again.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Back to the hotel. More pool time. Much needed.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at Chaiya Palace (it's the easiest option). Decent food, and a quiet atmosphere.
  • 8:00 PM: Starting to pack. This adventure is almost over.

Day 4: Departure (Finally!)

  • 8:00 AM: Final breakfast. Mixed feelings. I'm ready to go home, but I'm also sad to leave.
  • 9:00 AM: One last walk around the hotel. Beautiful, this place, and a great base.
  • 10:00 AM: Checked out of the Chaiya Palace. They were great and I would recommend it. Good location, nice staff, comfy bed during my mental breakdowns, and the pool.
  • 11:00 AM: Goodbye Phnom Penh. Thank you. I will never forget you and I'm still feeling all the feelings.

Final Thoughts:

Phnom Penh, you glorious, chaotic, heartbreaking, beautiful city. You’ve left me exhausted, humbled, and forever changed. Chaiya Palace? A decent home base in the middle of the chaos. Would I recommend it? Yes. Would I go back? Absolutely. But next time, I'm buying a really, really good mosquito repellent. And maybe a monkey-proof shield.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap.

Manila's Most Stunning Treetop Escape: #47 Trees Residences Unveiled!

Book Now

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits? Chaiya Palace Hotel, Phnom Penh: The Real Deal (Or Just a Really Shiny Façade?) A Messy FAQ

Okay, spill. Is this place *actually* luxurious or just… fancy-looking?

Alright, buckle up. "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits" is a bold statement, innit? And honestly? It’s a bit of a… mixed bag. Let's just say, my expectations were SKY HIGH. I'd just flown in, jetlagged, and dreaming of a fluffy-pillow-heaven situation. The lobby? Absolutely stunning. Marble everywhere, those intricate carvings, and a smell… a good smell. Like expensive air freshener, but in a good way. You know, the kind that whispers, "You’re important." But then you get to the room… and you’re staring, and you notice... a slightly wonky door hinge. Or a teensy stain on the otherwise pristine carpet. That's when the "unbelievable" part starts to feel a bit… optimistic. Don't get me wrong, still VERY nice. But perfection? Nah. More like, "Pretty damn good, with the potential for a few charming imperfections."

What about the food? Breakfast, specifically. Crucial question.

Breakfast. The make-or-break of any hotel stay, in my humble opinion. Chaiya Palace does *not* disappoint here. I’m talking, like, a buffet situation that could feed a small army. Western stuff? Check. Asian delights? Double-check. Fresh fruit? Mountains of it. The croissants? To die for (and I *hate* croissants). Now, here’s the *real* tea… the coffee. Okay, so the first morning, I'm all excited, ready to dive into that delicious, creamy latte I saw in the promo pics. The barista, bless his heart, was trying. Really trying. But the coffee... it was weak. Sad. Like a ghost of coffee. I almost cried. But then… the next day! BOOM. New barista. Different machine. The coffee? DIVINE. Seriously, I had three lattes. So, breakfast? Outstanding. Coffee? Pray for a good barista.

The pool situation? Important. Am I picturing myself poolside with a cocktail in hand?

Oh, the pool. The pool is a siren song. Yes, absolutely, picture yourself poolside with a cocktail. You’re not wrong. It’s beautiful. Infinity edge, looking over the city. Very instagrammable. Here’s the thing though, and it's a minor thing (I'm trying to keep my inner grumpy reviewer at bay) but: The "pool attendant?" Could've been a little more attentive. Like, I had to flag someone down for a towel. *A towel*. And then the cocktail… it was good, but not *mind-blowing*. I even overheard another guest grumbling about the "watered-down mojitos". Look, I'm not saying DON'T go to the pool. Just adjust those expectations. Perhaps pack your own towel. And maybe ask for a double shot in that mojito. You're on vacation, after all.

What about the staff? Are they genuinely helpful or just...trained to be?

Okay, the staff. This is where Chaiya Palace shines, actually. Forget the "trained to be" thing. They're genuinely lovely. I had a slight wardrobe malfunction (let's just say a button *voluntarily* abandoned my favorite shirt), and a staff member, without me even asking, offered to have it mended. It was returned perfectly the next day. And they all smile, like, *really* smile. Not that fake, plastered-on hotel smile. It's the real deal. That makes a HUGE difference. You feel genuinely welcome. I felt like they *wanted* me to have a good time. And that, my friends, is priceless. Seriously, top marks for people.

Okay, I'm sensing a theme of "almost perfect." Any major downsides? Anything *really* annoyed you?

Alright, here’s the rant. And it’s… the Wi-Fi. Or, more accurately, the *intermittent* Wi-Fi. Look, I know, first world problems. But seriously! I needed to work. I had calls to make. And the Wi-Fi? It was like a moody teenager: sometimes present, sometimes gone, sometimes… just a taunt. I spent a good hour one afternoon pacing my room, clutching my phone like a life raft, just trying to get a stable connection so that I could send an email. It was infuriating! I ended up having to go down to the lobby, which was fine, but I much prefer working from my room in my own little paradise, you know? So yeah, Wi-Fi: Expect to test your patience. Otherwise I had to go down to the lobby - that was a nuisance. I did tell them, and they did look at it, and they did give me a complimentary bottle of water... but still. Wi-Fi: a tragedy.

So, overall? Would you recommend it?

Hmm, yes. Mostly, yeah. Despite my Wi-Fi woes, despite the slightly wonky door handle, despite the occasional weak coffee. Think of it like this: Chaiya Palace is a beautiful woman with a smudge of lipstick on her cheek. You notice it, but it doesn’t detract from the overall beauty. It's a great base to explore Phnom Penh! The location is fantastic, close to everything, and the staff are fantastic. It’s not *perfect*, but it’s charming. And the good stuff? The breakfast buffet, the pool (even with its minor issues), the kindness of the staff, the overall luxurious vibe… those things are worth the price of admission. Just, you know, maybe pack a portable Wi-Fi hotspot, just in case. Consider it a pre-emptive strike against potential tech tyranny. Go, enjoy, but prepare for the occasional wobble. And maybe, order an extra shot in your first cocktail. You've earned it. ***

Chicstayst

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia

Chaiya Palace Hotel Phnom Penh Cambodia