
Uncover Paradise: The Raviz Kadavu's Hidden Kerala Gem
Uncover Paradise: The Raviz Kadavu - Did I Actually Find My "Happy Place" in Kerala? (Spoiler Alert: Maybe…Probably…)
Okay, listen up, because I'm about to spill the chai (or maybe it was a delicious mango lassi?) on The Raviz Kadavu. This place… it's a LOT. And honestly, going in, I wasn't sure what to expect. Kerala, backwaters, luxury… sounds dreamy, right? But sometimes, the dream gets a little… complicated. This review isn't going to be your cookie-cutter, perfectly polished travel brochure. Buckle up, buttercups, because we’re diving deep.
First things first: Accessibility. Now, I'm thankfully mobile (knock wood), but I know how crucial this is. The Raviz Kadavu tries to be good. They have Facilities for disabled guests, and the website claims things like Wheelchair accessible areas. But, and this is a big but, I’d confirm specifics before you go. India can be… shall we say… variable in its interpretation of "accessible." Call ahead, ask questions, and double-check. Don’t just rely on the website.
Getting There & Getting Around: They offer Airport transfer, which is a godsend after a long flight. Trust me. And the Car park [free of charge] is a definite plus. No stress about parking fees? Sold! They've got Car park [on-site], Valet parking, and even a Car power charging station, so you can be eco-friendly and still arrive in style. The Taxi service is there, too, if you’re not driving yourself.
The Rooms - My Sanctuary? (Or Just a Really Nice Bedroom?)
Alright, let's talk about the rooms. Forget everything you think you know about generic hotel rooms. The Raviz Kadavu is serious about comfort – or at least, they try really hard.
The Air conditioning? Essential. Seriously, it's Kerala, you're gonna need it. Air conditioning in public area too. They have Non-smoking rooms, a huge plus for me.
The amenities? Okay, hold on tight, because it's a list. Available in all rooms: Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping (THANK GOD!), Desk, Extra long bed (so you don't have to be the size of a Smurf to stretch out), Free bottled water (hydration is key!), Hair dryer, High floor (if you like a view - I actually prefer the ground floor), In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale (uhm…), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. They really thought of everything! (Even a scale! Why do hotels still offer scales?! I'm on vacation! I want to EAT!)
One minor gripe: The Internet access – LAN and Internet access – wireless were… a bit spotty at times. But thankfully, they have Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And Internet and Internet services that generally held up. Still, I’m not sure about the real experience.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food (And My Weaknesses)
Now, the real question: the food! Let me tell you, I’m a sucker for a good buffet. And The Raviz Kadavu does not disappoint. They have a Breakfast service, Breakfast [buffet], so you can fuel up for your day. The Asian breakfast was heavenly, by the way. The Coffee shop served amazing lattes, too. They also offer Alternative meal arrangement which is good for people with different diet. The real highlight? The International cuisine in restaurant. This place is a foodie’s paradise. Asian cuisine in restaurant is another plus. The A la carte in restaurant and Buffet in restaurant options let you customize your meals. They even have Desserts in restaurant; I’m not gonna lie, I may have gone back for seconds (or thirds…) on the mango mousse. The Poolside bar is a must; grabbing a drink with a view is practically mandatory. The Snack bar comes in handy when you're in need of a quick bite. Oh, they also have a Vegetarian restaurant. Also, the Bottle of water is a lovely touch, especially after a spicy curry! They have Room service [24-hour] in case you're ever hungry late at night. And you know I'm going to say this, but I found the Soup in restaurant to be surprisingly delicious. They have Happy hour so if you're on a budget, it's a great deal.
Ways to Relax - The "Wellness" Zone (Or My Excuse to Do Absolutely Nothing)
Oh, the relaxation. This is where The Raviz Kadavu truly shines. They have a Spa, a Spa/sauna, and a Steamroom. Body scrub: A must-do, it's pure bliss. Body wrap: I indulged in it, and I do not regret it one bit!
The Pool with view? Seriously, you need to see it. I swear, I spent hours just floating there, staring at the scenery. So peaceful. They also have a Swimming pool [outdoor] if you are into swimming. They have a Fitness center, but honestly, who wants to work out when you can get a massage? They have a Gym/fitness. You can do a Foot bath too!! The Massage was a game-changer. I felt like a new person after a professional massage. The Sauna really works.
Cleanliness and Safety - Do They Actually Care?
In today's world, cleanliness is paramount. I was relieved to see The Raviz Kadavu takes this seriously. They use Anti-viral cleaning products and have Daily disinfection in common areas. The staff is Staff trained in safety protocol, and they have Hand sanitizer readily available. They have Room sanitization opt-out available, which is great. The Rooms sanitized between stays which is a great deal. Their Safe dining setup which is great. They also have Hygiene certification. They even have Individually-wrapped food options and are mindful of Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. They also have a Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.
What about the kids? They have Babysitting service, if you're bringing the little ones. They have Family/child friendly environment and some Kids facilities.
Services and Conveniences - Beyond the Basics
They have the usual suspects: Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, and Daily housekeeping. They have the Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, and Luggage storage.
The Imperfections – Because No Place is Perfect (And That's Okay)
Okay, let's get real. The Raviz Kadavu, while amazing, isn’t perfect.
While they offered Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, the connection wasn't always lightning-fast. There were moments of frustration, especially when trying to upload photos or stream a movie.
I had to ask for ice refills for my drinks on several occasions. It’s a minor thing, sure, but it was a small imperfection.
Verdict: Should You Go?
Absolutely, YES!
Here's the deal: The Raviz Kadavu is a beautiful, relaxing, and well-equipped resort. It’s an escape – a chance to unwind, recharge, and experience the magic of Kerala. While it might not always be perfect, the good FAR outweighs the bad. And honestly, those little imperfections? They make it feel more… real.
But wait, there's more!
Here's My Emotional Reaction and My Offer:
Alright, let's get down to brass tacks. I spent days lounging in the sun, getting massaged until I was jelly, and eating more delicious food than I probably should have. And honestly, the peace and quiet was just what I needed. This isn’t just a hotel, it's an experience.
Here's my take: If you're looking for a luxurious escape, a taste of authentic Kerala, and a chance to genuinely relax, The Raviz Kadavu is your place.
**To book the Raviz Kadavu and experience
Escape to Paradise: Thatched Villa with Bath in Makkum, Netherlands!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your polished, Instagram-ready travel itinerary. This is real life, heading to The Raviz Kadavu in Kozhikode, and trust me, it's going to be a glorious mess.
The Raviz Kadavu: My Kozhikode Adventure (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Buffet)
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Questions (Mostly About Water)
Arrival (Afternoonish, Let's Be Honest - Flights are ALWAYS Late): Finally, Kerala! After a flight that felt like an eternity (seriously, does anyone enjoy airplane food anymore?), I'm touching down in Calicut. The air hits me like a warm, spiced hug. The driver from The Raviz Kadavu is supposed to be waiting, but I always have existential dread about getting picked up! The thought of all the water involved (the ocean, the sky, the sweat - oh, the sweat!) is simultaneously amazing and terrifying. My biggest question is – will the hotel room have enough… air conditioning?
Check-In Shenanigans: The Raviz Kadavu is beautiful. Seriously. The lobby feels like a scene from a Bollywood dream sequence. I imagine myself gliding into a sarong. (I will not; I own one and it has never seen the light of day. Maybe this trip will change this.) The check-in process, though, is a blur of smiling faces and unfamiliar paperwork. I'm convinced I signed up for scuba diving lessons (that I am absolutely not prepared for).
Room Reveal & Panic: Okay, room: check. View: breathtaking. Bed: massive. Shower: glorious. My luggage? Still MIA. (This happens. Every. Single. Trip.) So, I'm stuck in a room that suggests instant relaxation but am instead experiencing a strong sense of anxiety about what is not happening.
Late Afternoon - First Dip: I wander blearily down to the pool, because, apparently, I have no patience.. The breeze is heaven. The water is the perfect temperature. I nearly trip over a sun lounger. (Grace, I have none.)
Evening Ritual - Buffet Apocalypse!: Dinner. Ah, the buffet. The heart (and, let's be honest, the stomach) of any good holiday. The options? Overwhelming. The food? Glorious. The first plate looked like a still life. I filled it with Biryani, some butter chicken, several unrecognizable spiced vegetables, and a hopeful scoop of the coconut chutney. I'm probably overdoing it. Definitely overdoing it. But who cares? I'm on holiday! (And I'm probably going to regret this in exactly 3 hours when I get to my room).
Day 2: Spice Trails and Spiritual Awakenings (Or, Why I Need to Learn to Haggle)
- Morning - The Curse of the Early Bird (And The Breakfast Buffet): Woke up before dawn due to jet lag. The buffet. Again. But I did it right this time: fruit, yogurt, healthy options. Okay, I lied. I had a dosa with some seriously addictive sambar as well.
- Tour Time (Sort Of): Decided to be adventurous and joined a spice plantation tour. The fragrant air… ah, intoxicating. Saw vanilla, cloves, cardamom. The guide was a walking encyclopedia (and a very persuasive salesman). I did the most amateur gardening ever.
- Afternoon - The Beach. And a Near-Dehydration Experience: The beach! The sand between my toes! The sun on my face! The glorious… dehydration? I forgot to drink water, sat on the sand for hours, and nearly ended up looking like a very crispy potato. Lesson learned: water is important. Like, vital.
- Evening - Kathakali Dreams: This was the single experience I was most excited about. I went to The Calicut Kathakali Centre. The makeup. The costumes. The dramatic storytelling. It was a sensory overload in the best way possible. My jaw dropped. Eyes welling up. I felt so connected to the history and depth. The pure artistry. The sheer skill! I'm still thinking about it. Would happily go again. Next time I'll take notes though.
- Post-Kathakali - Failed Attempt at Peaceful Relaxation: Back at the hotel, I was going for "zen". I tried yoga. I failed. I tried reading. I can't. I ended up scrolling endless on my phone. (My greatest weakness, as you can tell).
Day 3: Backwaters, Bites, and Departure Anxiety (The Sad Farewell)
- Morning – Backwater Bliss and Boat-Related Shenanigans: Decided to book a backwater cruise through the hotel. The boat ride was tranquil. The canals were calm. The landscape was impossibly green. I felt myself starting to relax, but then… I realized I'm not a "sit still and be tranquil" person. I ended up chatting too loudly with the boat captain (a lovely, slightly bewildered man). Great pictures though.
- Afternoon - Foodie Frenzy (Again!): I ate all the Malabar parotta. I did myself a favor. I found a local spot for lunch. The food? Spicy. The prices? Amazing. The experience? Authentic. I ate everything. Everything.
- Late Afternoon - Packing Panic and Souvenir Spree: Okay, the inevitable: Packing. The "I'll-never-buy-this-again" feeling and then the "maybe-I-should-bring-everything-I-own." I spent the last hour frantically buying souvenirs. Will I ever use these trinkets? Probably not. Do I care? Also, not.
- Evening – Farewell Dinner and Goodbye, For Now…: One last glorious meal at the Raviz Kadavu. One last sunset over the backwaters. As I finished my delicious meal, I realized how much I had fallen in love with this part of India. It was a whirlwind. A beautiful mess. Full of imperfections and moments of pure joy.
- Departure: Airport. The last-minute panic to send a WhatsApp message. The inevitable chaos of checking in. The bittersweet feeling of leaving. But the feeling of wanting to come back. Already. It’s a good thing.
So there you have it. My slightly chaotic, often over-caffeinated, and always emotional adventure in Kozhikode. It wasn't perfect, it was real. And I loved every messy, glorious second of it.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dreamy German Lake Retreat Awaits
Uncover Paradise: Raviz Kadavu – Honestly, a Kerala Rollercoaster Ride!
Okay, spill the tea. Is Raviz Kadavu REALLY a hidden gem, or just another Instagram trap?
Alright, alright, lay off the 'Insta-trap' accusations. Look, the pictures are gorgeous. Seriously, like, *glowing* water and lush greens… it's a feast for the eyes. And yes, *some* of it is staged, let's be honest. You gotta put up with the selfie sticks occasionally doing their thing! But… for me? Absolutely gem-worthy. It's a diamond that's got a few scratches, you know? Like, the service isn't *always* flawless. I vividly remember one time trying to order a simple club sandwich at 3 PM - it took them a solid hour to deliver. And I am not a patient person, but, the moment it came? Oh. My. God. Best. Sandwich. Ever. The wait just made it that much better. But yeah, it's far from the flawless bubble some resorts try to sell you. Real life happens, and that's okay.
So, what's the big draw? What are we even *doing* in this Kerala Nirvana?!
Okay, picture this: You're floating in a houseboat – it's a literal floating palace, and the backwaters of Kerala unfold before you like a painted scroll. Tranquility. Pure, unadulterated, mosquito-filled tranquility. (Bring repellent, trust me!). That's the big draw. Raviz Kadavu *is* the backwaters. Period. Then it's the Ayurvedic treatments. I felt like a noodle in a hot bath, I kid you not. They really are good, though. The staff are super sweet and kind, it’s so relaxing I thought I was going to drool. Which I might have. Don’t judge me. And let’s not forget the food! It's a spice explosion in your mouth. You’ll probably sweat a lot. And you'll love every second of it. Apart from that *one* dish that was way too spicy for me; don't ask what it was, just… avoid anything red, okay? Unless you're feeling brave. I am, unfortunately, not brave.
Houseboats? Spill the beans, are they as amazing as they sound?
Oh, the houseboats. They ARE pretty epic. I booked a houseboat for two days, and wow, let me tell you. First off, the crew were incredibly polite and accommodating. The chef basically cooked up paradise on a plate. The views... stunning. Seriously. But, AND this is a big but, it's a houseboat. Which means... it’s a bit claustrophobic. It gets hot. REALLY hot. And if you are prone to seasickness (or whatever that is on a lake), you might want to take some precautions. The wifi is patchy. And let’s just say…privacy is a bit of a luxury. The staff are always around, which is lovely for service, but can sometimes make you feel like you are constantly being watched. It's a trade-off: stunning views vs. potentially feeling a bit trapped. I would recommend! Just be prepared!
How's the food? I'm a foodie, and I judge everything on food.
OH, THE FOOD! *Deep breath*. Okay, so. It's fantastic. It really, REALLY is. So much flavour. Fresh, vibrant, with a delicious, spicy kick that will leave you in a haze of pure happiness. The breakfast spread is insane, with everything from traditional Kerala dishes to familiar Western options. The seafood... oh lord. The seafood. I ate so much shrimp, I think I might have actually started turning into one. They cater to all tastes. The only downside (and this is a *minor* one) is sometimes the wait times. They aren't always super speedy at the restaurant. But honestly? Worth it. The food is a highlight, no question. And those fresh coconuts? Divine. Bring a straw, it's a must!
Are there any downsides I should know about before booking? Real talk, please!
Alright, let's get real. First, it's not the cheapest place. Expect to spend a bit. Second, service can be a tad slow at times. Patience is a virtue! And third, remember the mosquito issues? Bring the repellent. And a net if you're really concerned! And the final thing: don't expect a buzzing nightlife. It's all about relaxation, so if you're looking for a party, you’re in the wrong place. Raviz Kadavu is about chilling out and soaking up the beauty. Which, to be fair, is what I wanted, but it's worth knowing!
Help! I'm a high-maintenance traveler. Will I even *like* it there?
Okay, look. If you *demand* perfection, you might, MAYBE, find some little things to niggle about. The service isn't always lightning-fast. The wifi can be unreliable. There might be the odd rogue ant (it *is* nature, after all!). But if you can appreciate the bigger picture - the beauty, the food, the relaxation - you'll be alright. Think of it as a "rustic chic" experience. If you can laugh off a minor hiccup (and honestly, who hasn't had a slightly less than perfect vacation?), you’ll have a wonderful time. That being said, if you demand everything to be absolutely perfect, and get irate at so much as a delay in your food, then maybe it's not the place for you. But honestly, lighten up a bit, and you will be fine! Embrace the chaos, I say!
What should I pack for this Kerala paradise?
Okay, essentials! The most important thing: insect repellent! Pack it. Use it. Love it. Light, breathable clothes are a must. Loose cotton or linen is the way to go. Swimsuit, obviously! Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses (the sun is intense). Comfortable walking shoes or sandals. A good book (or a Kindle with a ton of books downloaded). And a camera to snap those stunning pics! If you plan to do yoga, pack workout clothes. Maybe a small first-aid kit, just in case. Oh! And definitely a phone charger and adapter; you don’t want to be caught dead with a dead phone!
Tell me about the Ayurvedic treatments. Are they worth the hype (and the price)?
Worth the hype? Honestly? Absolutely. Pricey, yes, but the experience is phenomenal. I'm not normally one for massages (ticklish!), but I went for an Ayurvedic massage, and oh. My. God. It was incredible. They use warm oils, and the masseuse is incredibly skilled, andHotels With Balconys

