
Moscow's Hidden Gem: Izmailovo Delta Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!)
Moscow's Hidden Gem: Izmailovo Delta Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!) - A Rollercoaster Ride!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a whirlwind tour of the Izmailovo Delta Hotel in Moscow. And folks, let me tell you, it's not your cookie-cutter, bland hotel stay. This place… this place is an experience. (And sometimes, a slightly chaotic one, but we'll get to that.)
First Impressions & Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)
Landing at the Izmailovo Delta is a bit like arriving in a… well, a slightly Soviet-era futuristic spaceport. It’s BIG, like, REALLY big. The sheer scale might be a bit intimidating at first, but the imposing design is undeniably memorable.
Accessibility: Now, this is where things get interesting. While the hotel does claim to be "facilities for disabled guests," my personal experience was a bit wobbly on this front. The main entrance is generally accessible, with ramps and elevators. I didn’t personally test it with a wheelchair, but it seemed generally okay. However, maneuvering the vast hallways can be a workout, and some of the signage wasn't the clearest. Still, the elevator access to the higher floors was a lifesaver (more on that later).
Check-in/out [Express/Contactless]: A definite win! The express check-in/out option, and the availability of contactless check-in, were AMAZING. Especially after a long flight. Seriously, it's the little things!
Getting Around: Taxi service is readily available, and they even offer airport transfers – which, after arriving, I highly recommend. The metro is also a short walk away, making getting around Moscow fairly easy. Car parking, on-site and free of charge, is also available for those who arrive by car.
The Room: My Cozy Little Fortress (and the High Floor Magic!)
I snagged a room on a very high floor, and let me tell you: best. decision. ever. The views… oh, the views! The sprawling Moscow landscape stretched out before me like a postcard. The "Window that opens" was an appreciated feature that provided fresh air. My "Additional toilet" and my "Private bathroom" are highly appreciated too.
Available in All Rooms: Let’s cover the basics: Air conditioning? Check. Free Wi-Fi (thank you, heavens!)? Double-check! The "Free bottled water" was a nice touch, though I wish they’d ditch the plastic and opt for a more eco-friendly alternative. "Bathrobes", "Slippers", "Hair dryer" – all the usual suspects were present. My personal favorite? That "Alarm clock" that woke me up on time every day.
A Little Imperfection: The decor was a little… dated. Not hideously so, but definitely not cutting-edge. The "Carpeting" felt a little worn, and the "Seating area" was more of a "slightly saggy sofa" situation. But hey, it was clean, the bed was comfortable (thanks to a nice "Extra long bed"), and the view… the view made up for everything. And hey, let's be real, I wasn't exactly going for a design magazine shoot.
Room Amenities: The "Coffee/tea maker" was a lifesaver in the mornings (thank god for "Complimentary tea"!), and the "Refrigerator" kept my snacks chilled. There was even a "Mini bar," although I'll admit, I only peeked at the prices.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (with a Few Bumps)
The Izmailovo Delta has a plethora of dining options. Seriously, it’s like a mini-food court! And they cater to a wide spectrum of preferences.
Restaurants: There are several restaurants, offering Asian, Western, and International cuisine. The buffet at the main restaurant ("Breakfast [buffet]" and "Buffet in restaurant" is definitely worth experiencing for the breadth of food, but I'm not going to lie, it can be a bit of a chaotic scene at peak times. (More on that later.) The "A la carte in restaurant" is recommended when you prefer a calmer dining experiences. The availability of a "Vegetarian restaurant", and "Asian cuisine in restaurant", is also a plus!
Cafe and Bars: The coffee shop ("Coffee shop") was handy for a quick caffeine fix. However, I spent the most time in the "Poolside bar". The atmosphere was great, and the cocktails were surprisingly well-made. They offer a happy hour ("Happy hour") which is a big bonus.
My Anecdote: One morning, I was craving a serious breakfast. I loaded up my plate with scrambled eggs, pastries, and the questionable "sausage-like object" (which I cautiously avoided). Amidst the chaos of the buffet, I bumped into a travel buddy, and it was a fun and good experience!
Room Service: 24-hour room service ("Room service [24-hour]") is a blessing. Especially after a long day of exploring.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams and Gym Goals!
The Crown Jewel: The Pool with a View (and the Sauna!) Now, this is where the Izmailovo Delta shines. The "Swimming pool" is indoors, so that's a win already, but the rooftop location means you can swim while looking over the city. In the same area, is a "Sauna", which is great! I absolutely lived here! The "Spa/sauna" concept is highly appreciated.
Fitness Center: The "Fitness center" is a decent size, with "Gym/fitness" equipment. Although I have to say, my motivation to work out dwindled after a particularly delicious breakfast.
Massages: The "Massage" services they offer are top-notch. Treat yourself!
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure (Mostly)
Hygiene: They appear to be taking Covid-19 precautions seriously. "Anti-viral cleaning products", "Daily disinfection in common areas" and "Rooms sanitized between stays" were all good signs. "Staff trained in safety protocol" is another good point.
Security: "CCTV in common areas", "CCTV outside property", and "Security [24-hour]" gave me a feeling of security. But I still kept my valuables locked up!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras
Convenience: The "Convenience store" was a lifesaver for snacks and forgotten toiletries.
Business: "Business facilities" are available, the "Meeting/banquet facilities" are helpful.
Shops: A "Gift/souvenir shop" is available.
Others: The "Daily housekeeping" was impeccable. "Laundry service" makes your life easier too.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun!
I didn't have any kids with me, but the "Family/child friendly" aspect of the hotel is evident. "Babysitting service" and "Kids meal" options are a plus.
The Overall Verdict: Worth the Adventure!
Look, the Izmailovo Delta Hotel isn't perfect. It's a little rough around the edges, and the sheer size can be overwhelming. But it’s also unique, memorable, and ultimately, a really fun place to stay. It is a solid choice of accommodation that has more positive aspects. Plus, that rooftop pool? Seriously, you can't beat it.
Here's the big takeaway: If you're looking for a perfectly polished, bland hotel experience, this isn't it. But if you're up for an adventure, a little chaos, and a whole lot of Moscow magic, the Izmailovo Delta is absolutely worth it.
Book Now & Get Ready to be Amazed – Or at Least, Entertained!
SPECIAL OFFER: Book your stay at the Izmailovo Delta Hotel through [Your Affiliate Link Here] and receive a complimentary cocktail at the pool bar! Plus, you'll get a special discount on a spa treatment of your choice. Don't miss out on this hidden gem – book your stay today, and prepare to be surprised!
Unbelievable Qingdao Luxury: Metropolo Hotel's Hidden Gem!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my Izmailovo Delta Hotel Moscow adventure. Forget perfect itineraries, this is gonna be a glorious, chaotic tapestry of travel highs, lows, and everything in between. Consider this my chaotic diary…
Day 1: Arrival and Immediate Regret (Just Kidding… mostly)
- 10:00 AM: Arrive at Sheremetyevo Airport. Ugh, airports. The sheer organized chaos of it all always makes me want to curl up and cry. Finding a taxi… a total gamble. Are they going to rip me off? Will they even speak enough English? I just need to get to the Izmailovo Delta. I hear it's a beast of a hotel, like a city within the city. Fingers crossed I don't get lost and end up in some weird industrial district.
- 12:00 PM: Taxi arrives! The driver, bless his soul, was a grumpy bear who kept muttering in Russian. But hey, we made it! After navigating the initial shock of the sheer scale of the Delta, I'm checking in. My room… it's decent. Clean enough, a little sterile, but I've seen worse (and I've lived worse, trust me). The view? Well, let's just say it's not exactly postcard material. More of a concrete jungle kind of vibe. But hey, I'm in Moscow!
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel's "Panorama" restaurant. Okay, maybe it's not a true panorama – more like a slightly elevated view of… other buildings. The food? Let’s say I’m not going to write home about it. But hey, at least the service was friendly, probably because I was the only other person around.
- 2:00 PM: I head out to explore a little bit. I had planned to visit the Izmailovo Kremlin. I'm not in a hurry, so I figure I can take public transportation.
- 3:00 PM: Trying to take the subway. Okay, getting around on public transport in Russia… it’s an experience. There are a lot of people. There’s very little English. I’m sure my facial expressions are a combination of confusion and sheer terror. I'm getting pretty good at pointing randomly and hoping for the best.
- 4:00 PM: Izmailovo Kremlin. Okay, this is cool. Super colorful, like a fairy-tale village got really, really drunk and built a castle out of LEGOs. The markets are packed, a sensory overload of babushkas selling everything from matryoshka dolls to fur hats. It's a glorious, chaotic, slightly overwhelming mess.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Back at the hotel. Honestly, I'm exhausted. It's the jet lag, the sheer effort of being in a new place, the emotional whiplash of every new experience. I order some room service and crash.
Day 2: Stalin’s Legacy (and My Own)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Feeling slightly better this morning, or at least, a little less of a puddle. The breakfast buffet is, well, it's there. The yogurt is a bit questionable. I stick to coffee and bread and make a mental note to find a good bakery.
- 10:00 AM: I'm going to go explore the city center. I'm very interested in architecture, politics and the history of Russia. I’m pretty nervous about today, as it’s likely to be a history-filled day.
- 11:00 AM: The Moscow Metro, again. I'm getting a bit better at this – still lost, but less frantic. The metro stations themselves… they're artworks. Seriously, chandeliers, mosaics, marble, the sheer scale of some of these stations is breathtaking. I feel a tiny bit humble.
- 12:00 PM: Red Square. Okay, wow. Just… wow. It's massive. The colors, the history, the sheer weight of the place… It's overwhelming. St. Basil's Cathedral is even more bonkers and gorgeous close up. I get goosebumps just standing there. I think I finally understand that there’s something about this country I never knew I wanted to know.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch near Red Square. Some kind of borscht place. I eat some, spill some down my chin, laugh and feel kind of bad I don't know more Russian.
- 2:00 PM: Lenin's Mausoleum. This is a weird one. The line is long, a silent, shuffling queue of people. Going inside is… a surreal experience. The silence, the dim lighting, the whole air of reverence (or maybe just fear). It’s jarring. I felt my heart racing.
- 3:00 PM: The GUM department store. Luxury, glamour, and a bit of surrealism. Amazing architecture, with shops selling everything from designer clothes to the most expensive ice cream I've ever seen. I'm not sure if I love this place, but I did enjoy walking around.
- 4:00 PM: The Pushkin Museum. I planned to visit here and I did. It’s one of the most major world museums of European art.
- 5:00 PM: I go for a walk and end up wandering back towards the hotel. I'm starting to get the hang of this navigating thing.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Back at Izmailovo Delta. I eat a mediocre meal and start planning the next day.
Day 3: The Highs and Lows of Vodka (Literally)
- 9:00 AM: Another hotel breakfast. The yogurt is still, um, present. I am starting to get a bit more comfortable with this hotel experience.
- 10:00 AM: The Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow's premier art museum. The sheer volume of Russian art is overwhelming. I get lost in the galleries for hours, the vivid colors and stories of the paintings. I have one of those moments where I feel a great sense of awe. I love this experience.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch near the gallery. I try to speak Russian, but it doesn't go well. I end up eating some kind of questionable street food.
- 2:00 PM: A vodka tasting. I'm just going to be honest… I thought this would be a tourist trap. But, no! It’s really interesting. We learned all about the different types of vodka, the distillation process, and the best way to drink it (apparently, it's not like shots back home). I’m probably going to get a bit tipsy.
- 3:00 PM: After the tasting, I go for a walk, still a bit dazed. Did I drink too much? Maybe. I get a bit lost.
- 5:00 PM: Back in the hotel. I start to get a bit nauseous.
- 6:00 PM: I eat a very light dinner.
- 7:00 PM: I'm going to plan for tomorrow. It'll be a bit hectic, with a flight early in the morning.
Day 4: Departure (and Sweet, Sweet Relief)
- 6:00 AM: Alarm goes off. Bleary-eyed and a bit hungover (thanks, vodka!), I stumble out of bed. Packing is a disaster. Stuff everywhere. Where's my passport? Did I remember to buy those matryoshka dolls?
- 7:00 AM: Check-out. The staff at the hotel are surprisingly cheerful for this early hour. Even the grumpy taxi driver seems a bit more bearable.
- 8:00 AM: Airport. More lines. More security. But finally, I’m on the plane.
- 9:00 AM: In the air! I look back at the city and think of the three days I spent in this place.
- All Day: On the plane. I think about Moscow. I'm glad I went. I'm also glad to be going home.
This is my Moscow trip. This is the mess, the magic, and everything in between. Now, what did you think?
Friesland Dream Home: Stunning Heerenveen Views Await!
Moscow's Hidden Gem: Izmailovo Delta Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!) - FAQ's (And My Personal Rant!)
Okay, Spill the Tea: Why's this Hotel a "Hidden Gem"? Is it ACTUALLY good?
Alright, settle in, because the "Hidden Gem" title is, shall we say, *optimistic*. It's technically a hidden *something*... maybe a hidden... well, you'll see. The Izmailovo Delta isn't going to blow your mind with luxury, folks. It's definitely not competing with the Ritz. BUT... hear me out. It's a HUGE, Soviet-era behemoth with some surprisingly cool aspects. Think: location, location, location (Izmailovo Kremlin is AMAZING); and the price, which is usually CHEAP. It's a mixed bag. Think of it as a slightly rusty, but still charming, old car. You might end up walking a bit more, but you'l land in a great place.
The Rooms! What are they REALLY like? Be brutally honest.
BRUTALLY honest? Okay. Picture this: Entering my room, the air was… well, it *felt* like it hadn't been aired out since the fall of the Berlin Wall. The decor? Let's call it "functional". Think beige. Beige everywhere. The bed? Not a cloud-like experience. More like a... firm handshake. The bathroom? Spots of rust and temperamental water pressure. BUT! (There's always a but, isn't there?). The views from the higher floors can be spectacular! I saw the sun rise over the Kremlin, and you know what? That made the slightly-lumpy mattress totally worth it for a second. Plus, the sheer scale of the building is intimidatingly impressive. Like, "Whoa, this thing goes on forever." And the staff? Surprisingly helpful, even if their English wasn't perfect.
Anecdote Alert! Okay, one time the hairdryer blew out after only a few minutes. I tried to find someone by the front desk to fix it and went in a bit of a panic. To my surprise, the maintenance guy was actually lovely and quick. He even made me laugh and gave me a few Russian phrases to try out! (Which bombed, by the way. I ended up just pointing and smiling. But hey, it worked!). Not bad for the price. But honestly, bring your own hairdryer.
Food & Drink: Is the hotel restaurant worth the risk? Or should I venture out?
Hoo boy. The food… is a journey. The buffet breakfast is… an experience. There's a lot of food. A LOT. But the quality is… varied. You might find some truly delicious things, like the blini (Russian pancakes). Or you might encounter something… I’ll just say “interesting”. I remember a particularly suspicious-looking "sausage" one morning that I bravely, cautiously, avoided. The coffee? Drinkable, but not memorable.
My advice? If you're a foodie, GET OUT. Explore the local restaurants! The Izmailovo Kremlin area (more later!) has some charming options. They're more expensive, but 100% worth it in terms of actual edible things. If you're on a shoe-string budget, the supermarket in the nearby mall is your best friend. Grab some fresh fruit and pastries. Much safer choice.
The Location! Is it actually convenient?
This is the BEST part. The Delta is perfectly located for… well, a lot! Right next to the Izmailovo Kremlin. The Kremlin itself is like stepping into a fairy tale. It's gorgeous, colorful, and full of fun shops and restaurants (the good ones!). The metro is a short walk away, providing easy access to Red Square, the Bolshoi Theatre, and all the sights. Seriously, you can be in the heart of Moscow in like, 20 minutes. Plus, the area around the hotel feels safe and buzzing with activity. Its the hotel's saving grace.
The Izmailovo Kremlin: More Details, Please! Is it worth the hype?
OMG, YES! The Izmailovo Kremlin is FANTASTIC. Okay, picture this: colorful, onion-domed buildings, like something out of a Disney movie, but REAL. It’s a market, a cultural center, a museum and a lot more. You can find EVERYTHING there: souvenirs, crafts, art, even a wedding palace! There are restaurants, cafes, and street performers. It can be overwhelming, but in the best way possible. Definitely spend a whole day exploring this place, and bring your camera! (And your cash. Lots of shops don't take cards).
The BEST part? The atmosphere. It feels less tourist-trap-y than Red Square (though, let's be real, it's still touristy). It has a genuine, vibrant energy. I bought a matryozhka doll there that I absolutely adore and the experience of doing that was better than the item itself. It was completely worth it, trust me.
What about the "service"? Is it friendly? Helpful? Or just... Russian?
Service... ok. Look, let's just say the staff are not overly effusive. Some of the staff were sweet, some were less so. The language barrier is REAL. Knowing a few basic Russian phrases can REALLY help. "Spasibo" (thank you) and "Dobry den" (good day) go a long way. Some of the staff spoke English, but I was not a fan. You can tell the hotel is understaffed.
I'M also not sure if it's a cultural thing (and I don't want to generalize) but "customer service" as we Westerners know it, isn't necessarily a priority. They're efficient, not always particularly smiley. But honestly? I never felt disregarded or anything. It was just... different. Consider it part of the experience.
Okay, so... Should I stay here? Give it to me straight!
Alright, the brutal truth. I'd say... maybe. If you're:
- A budget traveler.
- More interested in location and convenience than luxury.
- Not easily fazed by a bit of "character".
- Adventurous and willing to embrace the slightly quirky.
Then YES, go for it! The location is amazing, the price is usually right, and it's an experience. You'll have some stories AND you won't be broke.
But if you:

