
Unbelievable Matsue Luxury: Matsue New Urban Hotel Awaits!
Unbelievable Matsue Luxury: Matsue New Urban Hotel Awaits! - A Deep Dive (Or, My Honest-to-Goodness Experience)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at the Matsue New Urban Hotel – and let me tell you, it was… an experience. This isn't your cookie-cutter hotel review; this is the real deal, warts and all. Prepare for some oversharing, because honestly, after this trip, I need a therapist, a stiff drink, and maybe another massage. But first, let's talk about this hotel, shall we? And yes, I'm going to talk about everything. Because that's what I do.
Accessibility & Getting Around (The "Can I Actually Get There?" Section)
First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me, especially now that my knees have decided to stage a revolt. The hotel ticked a lot of boxes. Wheelchair accessible, which is fantastic. I'm talking elevators, ramps… the works. Made life a heck of a lot easier. They even had facilities for disabled guests, which I didn't personally need this time, but knowing it's there is reassuring. Getting to the place? Easy peasy. Airport transfer is offered, always a win, and they have a car park [on-site] & car park [free of charge], a complete godsend. The Taxi service is obviously available, which is reassuring for late night drunken ramen runs!
Check-in/Out & Overall First Impressions (The "Did I Make a Mistake?" Moment)
Check-in/out [express]. Bam! Done quickly. Check-in/out [private] - they also offer this – perfect for the introverts amongst us, or if, like me, you're nursing a hangover and can't face the world. They also have Contactless check-in/out, which I LOVE, especially since they have the ever-present Hand sanitizer all over the place. They even had Cashless payment service, which is great. 24-hour Front desk [24-hour]!
The Exterior corridor was actually pretty cool, I loved popping the door open for some fresh air. Elevator was a must
Cleanliness & Safety (The "Am I Going to Catch Something?" Fear)
Okay, let's talk pandemic precautions. Because, let's be honest, that's on everyone's mind these days. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Huge check! They had Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff was all wearing masks, making me feel a little less like I was about to contract the plague. Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic. But still, it was reassuring. Staff trained in safety protocol – they seemed to know what they were doing. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter – they tried, bless their hearts. And the Sanitized kitchen and tableware items and Individually-wrapped food options were a bonus! They even have Room sanitization opt-out available which is really really cool. Professional-grade sanitizing services? Well, sign me UP!
Food, Glorious Food (The "Did I Eat Too Much?" Guilt)
Alright, foodies, listen up! The Matsue New Urban Hotel brings the goods when it comes to feeding the masses. They had Restaurants, a Coffee shop, and a Snack bar, which is all I truly need.
Let's start with breakfast. Breakfast [buffet]… I live for buffets (don't judge!). The buffet was pretty good. They had Asian breakfast and Western breakfast. The Coffee/tea in restaurant & Coffee/tea maker in the room, were a life saver. I also got Breakfast in room – which was a game changer. Breakfast takeaway service was available, too.
Dining, drinking, and snacking are well catered for with Asian cuisine in restaurant & Western cuisine in restaurant. A la carte in restaurant & Buffet in restaurant. They also had Happy hour, oh boy. The Poolside bar was a nice touch, too. But be warned: I may or may not have had a few too many Mai Tais, and, well, let's just say my poolside fashion show wasn't exactly runway-worthy (more like "run-away-from-me-worthy").
Services & Conveniences (The "I Need Help!" Department)
Got a problem? Need something? The Matsue New Urban Hotel has you covered. They offer everything. Air conditioning in public area & Air conditioning in all rooms and a Concierge who was incredibly helpful – even when I needed them to find me some decent ramen at 2 AM (true story). Daily housekeeping – bless them, dealing with my mess must have been… interesting. Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service – all there to make your life easier. Food delivery – because sometimes, you just don't want to leave the room. Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, and Luggage storage made things feel like i was actually traveling and not just surviving! They even had a Convenience store. Facilities for disabled guests. Doorman. Seriously, they thought of everything.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (The "I Need a Vacation from my Vacation" Phase)
Okay, here's where things get interesting. I'm a firm believer that a vacation isn't a vacation without a serious dose of pampering. And the Matsue New Urban Hotel? They deliver.
- Spa/sauna.
- Body scrub.
- Body wrap.
- Fitness center & Gym/fitness.
- Pool with view & Swimming pool [outdoor] & Swimming pool.
- Massage.
- Steamroom.
The Sauna was pure bliss. Stepping into that steamy haven after a long day was heavenly. Seriously, I may have spent an hour in there, just melting into a puddle of relaxation.
The Room (The "My Little Hideaway" Space)
Let's talk about the room. Because, let's be honest, that's where you'll be spending a good chunk of your time. My room was, well, it was nice. Not groundbreaking, but clean, comfortable, and functional.
Available in all rooms: Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and, thank goodness, Window that opens.
The "Little Quirks" (The "Wait, What Was That?" Moments)
I'd be lying if I said everything was perfect. There were a few quirks. For example, the elevator music at one point was stuck on what sounded like elevator-themed polka. Bizarre. But also, strangely, endearing? And the mini-bar prices? Let's just say they weren't exactly budget-friendly. Then there was the tiny, tiny issue with my key card deactivating at the most inconvenient times. But hey, nobody's perfect, right?
For the Kids (The "Are the Little Ones Welcome?" Section)
They have Babysitting service & Family/child friendly & Kids meal & Kids facilities, so you can probably bring your kids!
The Big Verdict (The "Would I Go Back?" Question)
So, bottom line: Would I recommend the Matsue New Urban Hotel? Yes, absolutely. It's not perfect, but it's a solid choice. It's clean, safe, has great amenities, and the staff is friendly and helpful. And let's be honest, the sauna alone is worth the price of admission.
Unbelievable Matsue Luxury: Matsue New Urban Hotel Awaits! – The Offer You Can't Refuse!
Tired of the same old boring vacations? Crave a getaway that's both luxurious and convenient? Look no further than the Matsue New Urban Hotel!
Here's what you get:
- Unbeatable Comfort: Sink into ultra-comfy beds, enjoy blackout curtains for a perfect night's sleep, and soak in the luxurious amenities offered in every room.
- Complete Convenience:

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your average meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is… The Adventures of Me, in Matsue, Japan, with a Mild Case of Jet Lag and a Burning Desire for Onsen (and probably a decent cup of coffee). We’re talking raw, unedited, and hopefully, hilarious. I'm staying at the Matsue New Urban Hotel. So, let's go!
Day 1: Arrival, Mild Panic, and the Quest for Caffeine
- 6:00 AM (Matsue Time) - Arrive at Matsue Station! Okay, technically, it's more like stumble out of the train station, blinking like a confused owl in the harsh Japanese sunlight. My luggage? Miraculously intact. My sanity? Still a maybe. Jet lag is already a real "friend." The polite, well-dressed Japanese folks are already bustling around, and I feel like I've wandered onto the set of a particularly elegant commercial.
- 6:30 AM - Hotel Check-in at Matsue New Urban Hotel. Finding the hotel was easy, or so I thought. I was so disoriented I almost walked into a vending machine, and it started blinking and I just stared at it for too long. The hotel itself is, blessedly, clean and comfy. The staff are ridiculously polite, bordering on unnerving. I'm pretty sure the woman at the front desk bowed to my luggage. I'm grateful, though.
- 6:45 AM - The Coffee Crisis. The free coffee in the lobby… it's lukewarm and sad. My inner caffeine fiend is staging a revolt. Must. Find. Real coffee. I'm picturing a tiny, independent cafe with strong, black coffee. The kind that slaps you awake.
- 7:30 AM - Breakfast (Or, My Stomach's First Japanese Encounter). Okay, I went to the nearby Family Mart! I got some onigiri and something labeled "mystery bread." It was… sweet. I think I like it!
- 8:30 AM - The Initial Exploration (and a near-miss with a bicycle). This is gonna be rough. I was so lost I almost got hit by a bicycle. The city is charming, but I'm convinced I could get lost in a phone booth right now.
- 9:30 AM - Real Coffee Found! (Victory!). Okay, I found it! A teeny-tiny cafe around the corner from the hotel. The barista spoke limited English but perfectly understood my desperate plea for an espresso. The coffee was heaven! I could actually see the world again. And the cafe? Adorable. Like, straight out of a Studio Ghibli film.
- 10:00 AM - Matsue Castle and the Feeling of Being an Idiot. I walked toward Matsue Castle. The beauty of it slapped me in the face. I’m standing there in awe of this incredible structure when I realized, I have no idea how to read the signs. Language barrier is a real thing, people. But still, I was able to wander the grounds, soaked up the history, and just let the peaceful atmosphere wash over me. I may not have understood everything, but I felt the history.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch and the Mystery of the Menu. I found a little noodle place for lunch. The menu? All Kanji. I pointed randomly and hoped for the best. Ended up with a delicious bowl of something I think was udon, and a side of something green and pickled that was surprisingly addictive.
Day 2: Water Adventures, Culinary Shenanigans, and the Deepest Sleep of My Life
- 8:00 AM - The Onsen Temptation. The New Urban Hotel has an onsen. This is a big selling point. But, the thought of baring it all in a public bath is terrifying. The internal debate rages on. (Stay tuned!)
- 9:00 AM - The Horikawa Sightseeing Boat Cruise (The Melancholy of the Lake). Okay, I actually had a great time. I felt really relaxed. The views were stunning, and even though I couldn't understand the commentary, I could feel the pride in the tour guide's voice as they navigated the narrow waterways.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch at a Cafe (With a Side of Awkward Communication). I found a cute cafe near the lake. Ordering food was a challenge (again!), but the staff was incredibly patient and helpful. The meal? A perfect little rice dish with a variety of things I could not name but were delicious.
- 2:00 PM - Exploring the Lafcadio Hearn Memorial Museum. Fascinating! Being surrounded by the writings and life of this Irish-born writer who embraced Japanese culture, was a complete treat.
- 4:00 PM - Back to the Hotel, Exhausted. Back to the hotel, and I feel drained. I can hear the onsen calling.
- 6:00 PM - The Onsen. I Did It! (And a confession). Okay, full disclosure? I chickened out. I stood outside the onsen for a solid ten minutes, then took the plunge! It was one of the best experiences of my life. It felt like all my stress just melted away. The warmth, the quiet… pure bliss. Also, fun fact: I almost missed the door.
- 8:00 PM - Dinner (or, My Failed Attempt at Being a Foodie). I tried to be adventurous and find some local specialty. What I found was a restaurant full of chanting locals, but the aroma was heavenly. I am not going to be a foodie, I'm just tired. I just need sleep.
- 9:00 PM - Sleep. Finally.
Day 3: The Art of Saying Goodbye (And Wishing I Could Stay Forever)
- 7:00 AM - Sadness Creeping In. Knowing my time in Matsue is almost over makes me want to do all the things I forgot.
- 8:00 AM - Last Breakfast. (and the realization that I could get used to this). I'm starting to get the hang of the breakfast buffet at the hotel (they have little, adorable, individually wrapped waffles).
- 9:00 AM - More Castle! One last stroll around Matsue Castle. I am going back to the grounds and just take everything in. There's nothing like this.
- 11:00 AM - Souvenir Shopping (or, Panicking and Buying All the Things). I bought a samurai sword-shaped pen. I don't need it. I want it.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch. Another random restaurant! I just want to eat something now before I leave.
- 1:00 PM - Hotel Check-Out
- 2:00 PM - Departure.
Overall:
Matsue, you stole a piece of my heart. Yeah, I got lost a few times. Yeah, I embarrassed myself with my limited Japanese. But you gave me an experience I'll never forget. I'll be back, Matsue. I promise I'll be back!
Goedereede Getaway: Stunning Chalet Sleeps 4!
So… what IS this thing we're supposedly talking about? And do I even *want* to know?
Okay, fine. Let’s say I’m… *interested*. Where do I even *begin* to get into it? Do I need a degree in… whatever-this-is-ology?
But, and this is a big but (you know, like a *really* big but? I’m not judging!) – start small. Seriously. Baby steps. Maybe… read a blog? (Hopefully not *this* one, unless you’re really into the messiness.) Or, you know, watch a YouTube video. Just... don’t go diving headfirst into the deep end. Unless you like drowning. Which, again, no judgment. I may or may not have done that a few times.
What are the biggest challenges people face when dealing with (whatever it is)? Like, what’s the biggest headache?
But, *besides* that, probably the biggest headache is… (And I'm just spitballing here, because I still don't actually KNOW what this is!)… *overthinking*. Seriously, we are ALL guilty of it. Stop thinking, start doing. Easier said than done, I know. But the more we *think* the more we get stuck in a rut! Stop the cycle!
Is it Expensive? Because let's be honest most things ARE.
Whether or not *this* is expensive… well, I haven't a clue. Is it something you *need* to invest a lot of money in? Probably. Is there a cheaper route? Maybe. Does "cheaper" mean "better"? Absolutely NOT. But let's just say, be prepared to open your wallet. And hope you have something *in* it.
What happens if I mess it up? Is there a "undo" button?
Is there an "undo" button? In my life? *HELL* NO. The universe doesn't work like that. Reality is more like a very long, very confusing, and occasionally hilarious, unedited blooper reel.
So, what happens if you mess it up? Dust yourself off, learn from your mistakes (if you can be bothered!), and try again. Or embrace the chaos. Sometimes the messes are the BEST parts. Like that time my dog ate my tax returns. Yeah. Still dealing with that fallout. But hey, it’s a story to tell!
What are some common misconceptions about… (whatever it is)?
Honestly, every misconception boils down to a fundamental lack of understanding. Which, again, is why I'm so good at this whole "messy human" thing. Because I understand *nothing* and I love it!
Okay, I'm still intrigued. Is there a community? Are there people who are *also* into this weird thing?
I seriously hope there IS a community! Because if there isn’t, you’re just going to have to start one! Just throw a party and see who shows up. I’ll bring the (slightly burnt) cookies. And maybe a bottle of wine. Or three.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how much fun is this? Like, genuinely, is it worth it?
My fun level here? Right now? 10. Absolutely. Why? Because I'm getting to ramble nonsensically and pretend to be a quasi-expert on something I'm pretty sure I know nothing about. It’s kind of my life’s motto.
Is it "worth it"? That dependsOcean View Inn

